Joanna Tate, Ian Mountain & Sophie Edmondson
The Health and Education Co-operative is a collection of universities providing on line learning resources. We have a specialism in resources for the healthcare sector, with a partnership approach to developing resources that meet the growing challenges of the NHS to deliver training and support to the workforce more cost effectively.
Our products include:
– Access to Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) where trusts can create and host their own materials
– Access to academic expertise at any of our partner universities to collaborate on new online learning materials
– Numeracy and literacy resources to help grow and improve your workforce functional skills
– Online testing of numeracy and literacy
– Tracking and reporting of online course completion (ideal for mandatory training)
Jo has been running the HE Co-op for over 3 years; balancing the demands of running a small business with bringing up two boys (age 7 and 11).
Jo has worked with many business in Cumbria (working as business advisor helping business start ups for 10 years) and working on partnership growth projects with universities and businesses in Cumbria and Lancashire before taking on this role.
"The flexibility of working in the Guild is great, as I am out and about so much. However the thing I value the most is sharing work space with others, many of whom are in the same boat trying to run a small business. There is a great mix of people, with some lovely friendly characters in this co-working space which provides for a great feel and energy. I look forward to my days in the Guild!"